around 220 pounds

around 220 pounds
Me one week before I met Ryan.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Starting fresh.

I am BACK! Wondering where I have been, well preggo! We now have a wonderful addition to our little family. I love her tons. I get into a different mindset when I am pregnant and no matter how healthy and active I want to be I end up inactive on the couch with a giant bag of chocolate in my hand. But I am back with some new goals and I am excited to get back out there.

Something about goal making gets me really pumped! I get all excited over the possibilities that lay ahead of me. I think of crossing the finish line in Ragnar, my first triathlon, or finally finishing a marathon. I really want to be down 150 lbs but I am going to focus on my fitness goals to get me there.

You all remember my day dedicated to my father last year? When he decides to he drops 100 lbs "just like that". Okay its more than "just like that" but you get the jest of it. He has issued a weight loss challenge to see if anyone can lose more than he can by January. We all weighed in 3 weeks ago. Yes, I got to weigh in 9 months fully Pregnant. I have a little bit of an upper hand. I weighed in at 341 lbs and yesterday I weighed in at 313 lbs. I am almost down 30 lbs, but that first months after you have a baby you drop a ton! Winner gets $1000, he thinks that no one can beat him so he is willing to pay $1000 to the one who can. So excited I have this extra motivation.

So my goals or Races that I would like to do this next year are...
October 12, 2013 the pink series Park City 5k
November 30, 2013 Santa Run 5k
December 31, 2013 Beat the New Year 5k
February 2014 She Runs Half Marathon St. George
May 17, 2014 Triathlon TriUtah Woman of Steel Triathlon
June 27-28 2014 Ragnar
August 23, 2014 Kiss me Dirty Salt Lake City
August 30, 2014 Layton/Syracuse Marathon

If anyone wants to do any of these with me you are welcome, friends help get you excited stay motivated! Plus I need teammates for Ragnar :)

These are my long term goals, my ultimate goal is to run a marathon. Last year I attempted to run a marathon but my pace was too slow they kicked me off the coarse at mile 17. I was devastated and I really want achieve this big goal.
Tomorrow I will talk about my nutrition goals.

1 comment:

  1. Lyndsi!! How are you?? I am taking back up my previous goals of eating healthy, and looked back on my blog and yours. I wish you the best of luck for all these marathons and races you are aiming for. You are better than me! That does not even sound the slightest bit appealing to participate in. I hope you're doing well with your family with your new baby girl. :) We miss you in the ward. I hope all is well.
    --Jamie

    ReplyDelete